Tips For Your Big Dayadmin
Weddings can be one of the happiest times, but also some of the most stressful times in your life. You want everything to be perfect but don’t always know how to do that.
So here are a few tips and tricks to help you for your special day!
Tips for Brides:
- Don’t get caught up in ‘perfection’ – some of the best moments happen unplanned
- Kiss your husband as much as you can
- Go to bed at a decent hour the night before
- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready to relieve some stress
- Wear a button down while getting ready, so you don’t have to pull a t-shirt over your freshly done hair
- Bring a pair of flip flops or flats for the reception
- Do a makeup and hair trial before the big day
Tips for Grooms:
- Try to relax with your groomsmen with some video games or a poker game!
- Manage the groomsmen, this will also help out your bride
- Discus expectations/behaviors of the big day with groomsmen
- Be a buffer for your bride. She needs to know she can vent to someone
- Be timely!! The bride can be late but you sir, cannot.
- Get the haircut and facial hair under control before the big day
Bride and Groom:
- Be a Team throughout the planning
- Be as flexible with your date as possible!
- No matter the facility you are interested in, it is always best to plan your date around their availability. Everyone has a certain style they are wanting. Each of Nazareth Hall’s ballrooms cater to different guest counts, styles, and décor, so it is sometimes difficult to have a set date and receive the ballroom you want most on that date!
- Be unique and show your personality!
- We love it when brides and grooms think outside of the traditional box and show off their personalities with décor, favors, and party games. Talk to your sales representative to see if they have any ideas on how to make your ceremony and reception as personal as possible!
- Don’t be afraid to ask your coordinator, hostess or staff for anything- they are here to help!
- Make a list of things to pack for, before, and AFTER the wedding.
- Make time for each other, it is YOUR day
- Assign someone as the ‘go to’ person that can be reached so you can enjoy the day
- It gets annoying for the bride when she is asked 1000 questions while trying to prepare!
- Make sure to write reviews after the big day for your vendors!
- Make sure you have a trusted photographer and DJ
- Make sure you give the DJ a list of music YOU want hear
- Every photographer has his/her own style. It is important to find a photographer that fits your style and needs rather than asking them to fit yours. This can also pertain to videographers, DJ’s, florists…etc! If you are still in search of the right vendors, here is the link to our preferred vendor’s guide:( Preferred Vendors Guide )
- You cannot please everyone, it is your day, make it about you both!
- Instead having a receiving line, take time to thank everyone during the reception.
- It saves time for pictures after your ceremony, and is also more personal!
- Plan ahead, try not to wait until the last minute!
- Share the timeline with bridal party, coordinator, videographer and photographer so everyone is on the same page
- Make yourself a timeline at the start of your wedding planning to relieve some stress and panic before the big day! Here is the link to a sample timeline:
( Sample Timeline )
- Think about having a shuttle service for guests (and yourselves) at the end of the night – this saves from having to find rides, keys and those few overly intoxicated guests
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- To be brutally honest, mistakes will happen during your planning. Just remember what the day is all about and try not to stress too much. If it rains, just remember overcast is best for photos anyways! 😉 If you ever need to vent to someone or need advice, call your sales representative! We want to take as much stress out of your day as possible.